Shumsky Therapeutic Pillows is excited to support the Culpeper, VA Big Latch On event by donating their Mother and Baby Pillow as a prize for event attendees. The Culpeper Big Latch On event will take place at Yowell Meadow Park in Culpeper, VA on August 3rd at 10:00 am.
The Mother and Baby Pillow from Shumsky Therapeutic Pillows helps to make special deliveries extra special by aiding the bond between newborns and parents. Designed to fit comfortably with the contours of the body, the pillow helps position infants during feeding and cuddling. In addition, the Mother and Baby Pillow can be custom imprinted and fits inside most diaper bags.
The Big Latch On event began in New Zealand in 2005 as part of World Breastfeeding Week. Every year, The Big Latch On brings groups of women who breastfeed together all around the world to latch on their child at a set time. The group is counted by witnesses, and the numbers are added up to see if the 2010 The Big Latch On world record of 9,826 women simultaneously breastfeeding will be broken.
The goals of The Big Latch On are:
- Raise awareness of breastfeeding support and knowledge available in communities
- Help communities support breastfeeding in public places
- Make breastfeeding a part of day-to-day life at a community level
- Increase support for women who breastfeed
- Ensure communities have resources to advocate for appropriate and accessible breastfeeding
We hope this year’s The Big Latch On event in Culpeper and all other locations is a success! As always, stay tuned to Shumsky Pillow Talk for the latest in Therapeutic Pillow news and events.